Friday, June 5, 2009

Starting 48HBC!


Writing this post a little early so not to cut into my time, but officially starting the 48hbc. I will be starting with Bruce Coville's Into The Land Of The Unicorns.

Official start time for me is 7:00pm on June 5th.

--

Finished after 2 1/2 hours. I feel like my reading engine is slow, maybe it's just warming up. So 2 1/2 ours into the challenge and 159 pages. I'm delighted to report that Into The Land Of The Unicorns was a fun fantasy romp. I think it was mainly me that made this a slow read, kinda trying to pace myself in the challenge and not breeze through my entire stack of books.

On a 5-star scale rating, it gets 4 stars. The biggest let down being that it's over all too soon.

2 comments:

  1. There's a sequel to this one, which my fevered brain can't recall, as well as a nice collection of unicorn stories edited by Coville, so maybe those will make you happy. Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there's actually 3 more books (I think, maybe only 2 right now and the 3rd is being worked on...) in this series itself. :)

    ReplyDelete