Friday, June 5, 2009

Second Book - Tamora Pierce's Alanna


Chose and started Tamora Pierce's Alanna, first book in the Song Of The Lioness series, one of her many novels set in the Tortall lands. Decided I better write this post before I forget entirely. :)

--

1:30am on Saturday, that makes it 6 and 1/2 hours into the 48hbc, I've finished Alanna. An amazing read. The cross-dressing/gender-bending might be an issue to some, however, it does a wonderful job of conveying the strength and conviction of a young girl in achieving her goals. I'm going to start the second book in the series 'In The Hand of The Goddess' next.

2 comments:

  1. The Lioness Quartet is probably four of my all-time favorite books... I'd love to have the experience of reading them for the first time all over again. Don't feel bad about gobbling them down. I've definitely re-read them all in a 24-hour period before :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen very much in love with Tamora Pierce's writing. My first experience was the Immortals series. Alanna is involved in those and when I realised the books were set in the same land it was one of the reasons I had to get them :)

    ReplyDelete