Friday, June 12, 2009

Just had my life saved cause I adopted a cat.


So. Today I was following normal routine, but, had to stop by Pet'sMart to buy rat food and flea & tick shampoo for the dog. Pulling up to one intersection before getting to the store, I saw a lady try (and fail) to catch a stray kitten that was around a drainage pipe. We watched for a bit until that lady gave up, and I asked my wife if she wanted me to try and catch it. She nodded meekly and so we pull around, and thus the thought had been planted to get a kitten. I couldn't catch the kitten either it had scurried far into the drainage pipe. So, we reluctantly left and were browsing around Pet'sMart at different things and this cat was there at Pet'sMart, he caught both of our eyes cause he has beautiful blue eyes, and just a semi-unique color. We checked out with the rat food and F&T Shampoo, and I noticed my wife just dragging along, we couldn't really afford a cat could we? I ask if she really wants it, she says yes, and we adopt. As we're filling out the paperwork, a storm hits, and if we hadn't adopted the cat, our next destination was the farm where the horse is boarded and such. However, since we were getting the cat, we called ahead and asked the owner to take care of the horse for us. Shortly after we got home, we got a call from the farm, a tornado had hit the farm. Lot's of property damage, all the animals and all the people are okay though. However, if we'd gone to the farm, we would have been out in the middle of it when it hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment