Saturday, June 6, 2009

Book 6 - Fablehaven #2: Rise of the Evening Star


The 6th book for the 48hbc will be Brandon Mull's Fablehaven #2: Rise of the Evening Star. I'm starting to feel a little bit of the wear and tear of the challenge, but, will ask for coffee to be made and have my pile of snacks replenished. Maybe get some of those 5 hour energy drinks as well.

--

Finished at 21 hours 26 minutes. This is starting to hurt. I'm not sure I can do 26 1/2 more hours of this. I'm very determined to try my hardest though. I'm very much feeling the lack of sleep right now, but, wanting to wait as long as possible before downing energy drinks and other methods of keeping myself awake.

The book was fun, a little better than the first in my opinion, but, still carried the same theme of kids screwing up/being irresponsible and then things turning out alright. It does have some themes about the nature of people and how people use other people for their own ends and how they earn trust only to turn it around. It feels more thought out than the first book in some respects, but, again the whole 'dues ex machina' thing where just the right item is provided early on to placate one of the largest threats presented in this book. I'm finding it harder to write these reviews the further I get into this. I'd not say it's a bad book, cause I enjoyed reading it. But, it lacks the feeling that there's ever any real danger cause anytime something bad happens, you know they've been given a solution to the problem far earlier in the book.

Moving on to Fablehaven Book 3: Grip of the Shadow Plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment