Saturday, June 6, 2009

Book 8 - Children of the Lamp: The Akhenaten Adventure


Book 8 will be P.B. Kerr's Children of the Lamp: The Akhenaten Adventure. Would have loved to be reading Fablehaven #4 just to get the series finished, but, I don't have it. :(

So, off we go into a different series!

--

Finished 33 hours 27 minutes in.

A very, very, hard to read book at this point in time. Perhaps if I was more lucid it wouldn't bother me so much, but the font and typesetting in this book were horrid. Along with several large capital words when discussing 'focus words' that allow the djinn to focus their power. Phillipa's word is just down right astonishingly -bad- to see on paper. This alone made me rather distasteful of this book. The story itself isn't -that- bad, but, it's easy to get distracted from the story itself with the awful type and some of the large capital lettered words littering the page. I do think I will give this book a second chance when I've not been reading for 33 hours straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment