Sunday, June 7, 2009

Book 12 - Jeanne DuPrau's The City of Ember


Going to read Jeanne DuPrau's The City of Ember for my 12th book of the 48HBC. I don't suspect that I'll finish it in an hour. But will get as far as I can.

--

Buzzer on contest sounded directly at 7:00pm. 93 pages into the book. I will finish it, but, later. After this, I'm going to want a few days away from books I think.

The portion I've read was very enjoyable. It's shaping up to be a great read, and I stopped right before what I'm sure is a very important part ;-;. It might drag me back in. Poppy had just chewed on something she shouldn't have! :(.

But, I digress, I try not to mention events in the books too often in my reviews cause I -hate- spoilers. I've enjoyed what I've read so far, and it's an interesting world that the characters live in. It does a decent (but not perfect job) at being believable. Will finish it up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment